Concluded yesterday, with the presence of the Communist Party of Cuba Central Committee’s first secretary, Army General Raúl Castro Ruz, and Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez, President of the Councils of State and Ministers, was a two-day work meeting in Havana attended by Party first secretaries from all the county’s provinces and municipalities, as well as presidents of Provincial and Municipal Assemblies of People’s Power.
• The President emphasized the importance of the sugar industry to the country, as a key export; a source of animal feed; a generator of employment; and central to the identity of numerous communities across the island.
• Since the Sixth Party Congress to date, a total of 205 policies have been approved directed toward updating the country’s socio-economic model.
• Díaz-Canel explained that the implementation of the Policy Guidelines will be addressed extensively in the upcoming session of the National Assembly of People’s Power in the month of April.
• It was reported that investment is expected to increase 20% this year, while tourism is projected to increase by 9.2% in comparison to 2018, which should directly impact other sectors.
• Prioritized in the 2020 Economic Plan are food production, housing, transportation, and computerization.